Rahim Yar Khan
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE COLLEGEThe Government Post Graduate College of Commerce Rahim Yar Khan was established in 1968 in a rented Building at Jail Road as Government Commercial Training Institute, under the Principal ship of Sheikh Muhammad Afzal.It was shifted to its own Building consisting at 478720Sq. Ft., opposite Coca Cola Factory Shehbaz Pur Road Chak No.72 in 1986. The 2nd Shift (D.Com) was introduced in 1986-87 by the Government of the Punjab with separate Teaching Staff. The Institute was upgraded to Government College of Commerce in 1987 and B.Com Classes were started during the session 1987-88, under the Principal ship of Mr.Javed Hayat & a new Block for B.Com Classes was built in 1991. The College was further upgraded as Post Graduate College of Commerce for M.Com Classes in 2005(29-07-2005) and the classes of M.Com was started under the Principal ship of Qari Syed Sagheer Hussain, and the 1st Batch was completed in 2007. It is a great honour for this college that according to the result of University in 1st Batch of M.Com Two Students of this College, (i) Muhammad Husnain Madni secured 1070 Marks out 1500 & got 1st Position & Mr. Amir Furqan secured 1023 Marks out of 1500 & Got IV Position in Islamia University Bahawalpur and Mr. Muhammad Husnain Madni was awarded a Gold Medal by the Islamia University, Bahawalpur. The Institution has very spacious Building in Two Blocks (B.Com& D.Com) containing 16 Classrooms, a Library having Eight Thousand Books, Two Air conditioned Computer Labs having 30-Computers (P-IV) each & 6-Offices. It has a Residence for Principal and Eight Quarters for Menial and office staff but they are useless and needed heavy repair. It has also Grassy Plots & Play Ground.LOCATIONCollege is situated on Shehbaz Pur Road, opposite side of Coca Cola Factory, near Basti Pursan Rahim Yar Khan. BUILDINGBUILDING STATUS = OWNLAND = 478720Sq. Ft.Covered Area = 32588 sqf1- D.COM BLOCKThe College was started in a rented Building .Then it was shifted in its own Building in 1986. The said building was consisted of 10- Class rooms along with the Principal office, Establishment Office and a Library Room.The Building was constructed for the D.Com Classes only. The second Shift was started in 1986 in this Building. Now this Building is called D.Com Block and the classes of D.Com 1st & 2nd shift are conducted there very smoothly since last 23 years.2- B.Com BlockThis Block was constructed in 1991,this Block is consisted of 4 Class rooms , teachers rooms ,a Library ,Store, Canteen & Offices. Its Called B.Com Block & Classes are being conducted smoothly in this Block but this Block needs general repair.The Classes of M.Com are also being conducted in this Block.